Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Pickin Punkins!

WHOOO SHA! As a ward we picked pumpkins as a service project at Brother Cox's house. The patch that we picked was 5 acres! There were so many pumpkins! My room mate Camille picked up a pair of gloves to put on and I had to give her a hard time. Gloves are for pansies Camille haha! We went out to the field and started to pick and they gave me a knife! haha oh yes me! A knife, I know DANGER right! No worries I didn't chop anyone's fingers off or nothing like that. I didn't even chop my own fingers off. I felt like I was in the jungle though! Those pumpkin vines were wicked prickly. I have cuts all over my hands and arms. haha and guess who ended up with one of Camille's gloves! Yep me! I had to put one on. I couldn't hardly pick up the pumpkin without gettin stabbed with a sharp prickly thing!

To pick the 5 acres it only took our ward like an hour and a half at the most. We met in the parking lot at 6:00 p.m. We stood around for 5 minutes, drove to brother Cox's house, stood around for a few minutes and then started picking. So we started actually picking at about 6:30 ish, and I was home and showered by 8:10 p.m.! We are the bomb! It was way fun. We had like a little fireman line with the pumpkins, which led into chucking the pumpkins at each other! When Camille and I got home we were filthy! My boots are completely covered in pumpkin junk and dirt! It was way fun though! Way worth sacraficing homework time haha honestly!

No comments:

Post a Comment